I am Polar Bear

Barbara H & Fuck Buddies' MP3 blog ||| Most of the artists we post MP3 files of don't make a living out of music, please support them by buying their records and going to their shows. if you're an artist or a label whose music i've posted and want it to be removed, just send me a message, files in question will be instantly deleted.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

OP8 ft. Lisa Germano - If I Think of Love

OP8's Slush is a hell of a forgotten jewel. Giant Sand (that is, in 1997, Calexico and Howe Gelb) decide to start a series of records under the name "OP8." The plan is, for each release, to have a different artist play with them. For the first (and only) album they had slowcore/folk goddess Lisa Germano around. The result is my favourite record by Giant Sand, as well as my favourite record by Lisa Germano. "If I Think of Love" was originally released on Lisa Germano's Slide (another forgotten masterpiece) and i can't help but like this glorious version better. They had planned on having Clint Eastwood play the honkytonk man on a next OP8 record. His agent said : "no, thanks." I guess they never got over that.

op8_ft_lisa germano_-_if_i_think_of_love.mp3

1 Comments:

Blogger ana said...

i love this song, uf!. from op8 i've heard 'sand' and 'cracklin' water' both of them sounds very sensual.

(my english is very bad but i'm trying)

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home